This is super-quick to make, with no cooking, except for presuure-cooking the chickpeas (Channa/ Chole).
Therefore, utterly easy and it's so full of goodness of raw veggies :)
|Chickpea Salad with Honey-Sweet Cherry Tomatoes|
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
- Chickpeas (White channa) - 3 handfuls, soaked overnight and cooked with salt
- If you don't have enough time to soak the cholé for 8 hours, soak for 3 hours and add a pinch of baking soda to the water when you pressure-cook.
- Drain water and add only the cooked cholé to the salad. But the water is actually channa stock so full of nutrition, hence can be saved to be used later in a gravy, instead of water.
- Cherry tomatoes - 200 grams
- Please choose those that are said to be sweet and crispy, the Thailand-made ones are really good
- Cut into half and add to salad
- Red Onion - 2 , finely chopped
- Tomato - 1 and 1/2 , finely chopped
- Red Capsicum/ Red Bell pepper - 1/2, very finely chopped
- Green or Yellow works as well
- Carrot - 2, shredded fine
- Fresh coriander/ cilantro - 4 mini-bunches, chopped
- Please add the stalks too, as they give the crunchy texture
Juice of half a lemon
Salt - to taste (~1/3 tsp)
Black pepper - to taste (~1/2 tsp)
|Honey-Sweet Cherry Tomatoes, Very small, about the size of a cherry, slightly oval|
To Assemble -
Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and toss together. Squeeze juice from one-half off a lemon and sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss and gently mix again.
I didn't add chaat masala or garam masala, but you can add a pinch of either one, if you feel like.
|Chickpea and Cherry Tomato Salad|
Enjoy this salad for breakfast or a healthy tea-time snack. This is very filling because of the chickpeas we add.
Sending this to Soups and Salads Mela hosted by Srivalli